What We Believe
King's Church is committed to the fundamental truths of the Bible.
1. There is ONE GOD eternal creator, and Lord of the universe who, in the unity of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit, governs all things in accordance with his will and to accomplish his purpose in the church and in the world.
2. The holy scriptures in their entirety are inspired by the Holy Spirit through human authors, to constitute the revelation of God’s truth to humanity. They are wholly true and trustworthy in all they affirm. Whatever the BIBLE, rightly interpreted, is found to teach, we are bound to believe and obey. It is our supreme authority in every matter of belief and conduct.
3. All HUMAN BEINGS are created in God’s own likeness, and therefore have inherent value and equality before God. Human sin and guilt, since the Fall, have rendered us subject to God’s wrath and condemnation and have resulted in our alienation from God’s life, suppressing of God’s truth, and hostility to God’s law. God, in his love, desires all to come to repentance and to be reconciled rather than condemned.
4. SALVATION from the guilt, penalty, and all of the consequences of sin has been achieved solely through the work of Jesus Christ – his perfect obedience, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and exaltation as Lord. Jesus alone is truly God and truly human, the only mediator between God and humanity. There is salvation through no other person, creed, process, or power. Each sinner is justified before God and reconciled to him only by divine grace appropriated by faith alone.
5. The work of the HOLY SPIRIT is necessary for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity. The Holy Spirit empowers and indwells the church, enabling its constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, ministry, power, and mission.
6. There is one, holy, universal, and apostolic CHURCH, which is the body of Christ, to which all true believers belong. The church’s calling is to worship God forever and to serve him in the world.
7. As the Father sent the Son into the world, so the Lord Jesus Christ sends his church to participate in God’s mission by words and works. The church is called to MAKE CHRIST KNOWN: proclaiming God’s truth and the gospel of grace; making disciples among all nations; exhibiting God’s character through compassionate care for the needy; demonstrating the reality of his kingdom through creative and sacrificial living, the community of love, seeking righteousness, justice, and peace, and caring for God’s creation.
8. As the Lord Jesus ascended to his Father, so HE WILL RETURN personally, visibly, and in glory. He will raise the dead, and bring salvation and judgment to final completion. God will then fully establish his kingdom and finish the new creation; a new heaven and a new earth, from which all evil and evildoers, all suffering and death will be excluded, and in which God will be glorified forever.